The Center for Children’s Advocacy offers many publications that you can read or order online:
Books, Brochures, DVDs
Teen Legal Rights
Medical Legal Partnership
Additional Publications and Videos
- Preventing School PushOut - Center for Children’s Advocacy Report, 2013
- Blind Spot: Impact of Missed Early Warning Signs on Children’s Mental Health
Andrea Spencer, PhD, Educational Consultant to Center for Children’s Advocacy, 2012
- Truancy Models and Intervention: National Models and Connecticut Initiatives
Center for Children’s Advocacy, 2013
- Truancy and Education Reports
Andrea Spencer, PhD, Educational Consultant to Center for Children’s Advocacy
- A Closer Look at the link between unmet educational needs and truancy, 2006
- Las Niñas Silenciadas: Broken links between language, culture and learning, 2009
- Why Should I Care about Absences in High School?
For parents: what will happen if your child is often absent or tardy in high school?
- Changing the Judiciary’s Relaltionship with a Community, One Child at a Time
ABA Judges’ Journal Summer 2007 Features the work of Justice Richard Palmer and Appellate Judge Douglas Lavine with the Truancy Court Prevention Project
- Legal Rights in Juvenile Detention (English or Spanish)
Center for Children’s Advocacy in collaboration with CT Judicial Branch
- Life After Lockup - Legal Rights when You Come Back to School and Community
Center for Children’s Advocacy, Legal rights of youth returning to school and the community from CJTS, Juvenile Detention or Residential Placement.
- Vera Institute Report: Making Court the Last Resort
Supporting Families in Crisis
- Education vs. Incarceration: The Real Cost of Failing Our Kids
CPTV documentary featuring Center for Children’s Advocacy executive director Martha Stone. Examines the state’s alarming incarceration of children.
- Providing Holistic Legal Services to Children in their Communities
Clearinghouse Review, 2005
- Legal Rights in Foster Care – Speak Up! Video Series:
I Need to Reach Someone Now What? Getting Heard Moving On